Operations and Community Coordinator
Applications due March 1, 2021
The Operations and Community Coordinator (FT) works in coordination with the Operations Team and is the day-to-day lead and support person for coworking (Cowork at Center for Craft), facility rentals, and technology. The position requires a blend of operations, administration, and community-building skills paired with an authentic and positive attitude in a demanding and dynamic work environment.
This position is salaried exempt, full-time and works on-site and with occasional evenings/weekends, reporting to the Operations Director. The position will supervise part-time associates, contractual support, and/or interns. Starting salary is $36,000 with full benefits to include Medical/Dental, Life Insurance, LTD and STD, and 401K as well as 3 weeks paid leave and recognized federal holidays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven relationship-builder with strong interpersonal skills with a passion for the creative and entrepreneurial community of Western North Carolina
- Advanced technical skills and working knowledge of: Google, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and Nexudus or a similar CRM platform (must be comfortable using a Mac)
- Experience with written content generation, social media platforms, and basic graphic design
- 2+ years of sales, hospitality, customer service, or business operations
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Foster an inclusive environment that provides opportunities for networking and connection through programming, communication, and collaboration.
- Maintain a presence and develop relationships with the local community by attending events as a representative of Cowork and Center for Craft.
- In coordination with the Center for Craft Development and Communications team, develop and implement marketing and communications strategies for Cowork.
- Grow coworking memberships and assist interested members in selecting the best membership level for their needs.
- Coordinate onboarding and orientation of coworkers, providing them with: facility information, support, resources and introductions necessary for their success.
- Utilize Cowork’s CRM platform (Nexudus) to its fullest capacity to manage sales, membership, programs, and billing. Maintain accurate records.
- Ensure that the supplies, equipment, technologies, and infrastructure are maintained, creating an optimal workspace for members and guests in adherence to the budget.
- Coordinate mailroom and delivery packages for coworking members.
Event and Meeting Rentals
- Monitor and promptly respond to all event and meeting rental inquiries by providing interested parties with information on space, pricing, facility guidelines and availability.
- Coordinate event details, communicate restrictions, execute rental agreements, manage billing for all events, and maintain accurate records.
- Serve as the main point of contact and coordinate necessary staffing for event and meeting rentals.
- Ensure that information on the Center for Craft website and through external platforms such as Explore Asheville and the Chamber of Commerce is accurate.
- Manage all parking leases for both coworking members and external parking tenants.
- Execute parking agreements, manage billing for parking spaces, and maintain accurate records including waitlists.
- Communicate with all parking tenants on any parking conflicts, city closures, or facility needs in advance and coordinate off-site parking as needed.
- Enforce towing as needed and maintain an amicable relationship with towing vendors
- Maintain administrative knowledge of coworking management software and integrations, door access systems, A/V, conferencing and networking technologies.
- Ensure all IT, audio, visual, and conferencing equipment is accurately inventoried, securely stored, and remains in working order and any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement IT solutions to help streamline systems and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness, communicate and monitor safety standards, be knowledgeable and prepared to implement emergency response procedures in coordination with the Operations Team.
- Ensure appropriate staffing for coworking, events, and related programs in coordination with the Operations Director.
- Provide regular communications of building operations to staff, coworkers, and parking tenants.
- Serve as point of contact for contractors, providing access as needed.
The Center for Craft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability or perceived disability, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. The Center encourages applications from traditionally under-represented minority populations. Submitting an application does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
Schedule and Pay Rate
This position will be required to work on-site and is regularly scheduled to work Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm with occasional nights and weekends.
All applications are due by March 1, 2021.
Please send application form, cover letter, and resume to Operations Director, Erika Kofler at email@example.com. Offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check.