Visitor Services Associate
Part-Time: 15 - 29 hours per week
(Applications Due October 2)
The Visitor Services Associate works in coordination with Operations Team to support the daily operations and visitor experience of the Gallery, Cowork, and Events at the Center for Craft. This position is responsible for a dynamic blend of visitor service, administration, operations, safety, and other duties as assigned. Public visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the staff, volunteers, and community public.
The ideal candidate will have studied or possess a strong working knowledge of Arts Administration, Art History, or a related field and will have experience with customer service. Candidates should be personable, well-rounded and organized with the ability to navigate multiple and diverse tasks and assignments. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive is required. Applicants must be able to lift/push/pull 25lbs or more, climb ladders, and operate other tools and equipment. Saturday, Sunday, and evening availability required.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Open and close the building and areas within as scheduled.
- Greet guests, answer phones, issue parking passes, sort, and deliver mail.
- Provide assistance to visitors and Coworkers in a professional, positive manner. Work to resolve visitor concerns and communicate to the appropriate staff to achieve resolution when needed
- Ensure a Center for Craft staff member/volunteer/intern is physically present at the Gallery front desk during all opening hours.
- Restock frontline desk materials and maintain cleanliness of gallery and public spaces, including a professional work area.
- Maintain working knowledge of safety and emergency protocol.
- Ensure Center for Craft exhibitions, programs, and services are accessible to all audiences in coordination with the in coordination with the Gallery Manager, Operations Director, and other key staff.
- Remain knowledgeable and adhere to all guidelines to ensure that all guests to the building have an equally positive experience.
- Serve as Gallery reservation lead. Check reservations regularly, answer questions directed by phone or email regarding visitation, recruit visitors, and lead tours.
- Knowledgeably and personably engage gallery visitors by articulating the work of the Center and sharing up-to-date knowledge of exhibitions, programs, and events.
- Ensure safety and security of artwork during shifts, monitor works daily, and notify Gallery Manager of any changes as soon as they are noticed (artworks that have been moved, fingerprints, or other instability)
- Keep records. Record and report on visitor numbers, contact information, and zip codes; collect and log visitor feedback; archive guest lists and assist with exhibition reports; track relative humidity and temperature and record.
- Handle merchandise sales and assist with retail projects such as tagging, labeling, and restocking.
Cowork (as scheduled):
- Remain knowledgeable about Cowork plans, tour schedules, and onboarding process.
- Staff Cowork Reception Desk and provide operational or technical assistance to Coworkers (i.e. brew coffee, assist with conference room technology, etc.)
- Assist Coworker guests or visitors (i.e. events) in navigating the space.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and shared spaces in Cowork.
Programs and Events (as scheduled):
- Provide support for both on-site/virtual programming and event rentals.
- Perform setup and breakdown for programs and events including chairs, tables, and a/v.
- Serve as check-in, technology, and operations liaison during programs and events.
The Center for Craft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. The Center encourages applications from historically under-represented and minority populations. Submitting an application does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment.
SCHEDULE AND REQUIREMENTS:
This position will be regularly scheduled to work approximately 15-29 hours per week including evenings and weekends, as assigned.
Pay Rate: $14 - 18/hour, dependent on experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work in the following conditions:
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Lifting 30 lbs comfortably.
Please send application form, cover letter, and C.V., to Erika Kofler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by October 2.
Offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check.